Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem patching Snort

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:41:58 -0500

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 19:15, Antonio Eugenio Villar wrote:
Well I got this problem also. It seems the script
patchsnort is not seting the correct version. In my
case I was using snort 2.1.0. To solve the problem I
just included a line 'snortversion="2.0"' before line
'case $(snortversion) in' to force it to recognize my
snort version. I do not remember if I had to change
something else but try and let me know if it works.

Actually, a check for 2.0 was added shortly after Snort 2.0 came out (at
2003/04/19 22:04:08 to be exact :)

I ran a test this afternoon, and patched a fresh Snort 2.1 version
without a problem. If you use an older version of patchsnort.sh, get the
latest from the website, FTP or CVS.

The following works fine:

# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous () cvs snort sourceforge net:/cvsroot/snort co
-r SNORT_2_1 snort
# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous () cvs snortsam net:/cvsroot co snort-plugin
# cd snort-plugin
# chmod +x patchsnort.sh
# ./patchsnort.sh ../snort
# cd ../snort
# ./autojunk.sh
# ./configure <your options here>
# make

Cheers,
Frank

--
Warning at the Gates of Bill:
Abandon hope, all ye who press <ENTER> here...