Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snortcenter?

From: "Paul Martin" <pmartin () hgvc com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:21:29 -0400

I'm using Oinkmaster, and it appears to be working fine.  However, since
I'm relatively new to this, I'm just now starting to tweak my rules so
that the Snort box doesn't actively smoke anymore.  Is Oinkmaster smart
enough to merge the new rules with what I currently have?  Say I've
written a couple rules or commented out a few...does it know not to
re-enable them or to incorporate my homebrew rules into the new ruleset?

Paul Martin
Network Technician
Hilton Grand Vacations Co.
(407) 393-3034