Snort mailing list archives

Using Snort with WhatsUp Gold?

From: "Paul Martin" <pmartin () hgvc com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:26:14 -0400

I have compiled Snort 2.1.0 with the Snort-SNMP plugin, and followed the
directions to get Snort to alert via SNMP.  However, I have not been
able to successfully get WhatsUp Gold to show any alerts when they're
sent to the machine.  If someone else has gotten this to work
successfully, I'd love to hear how you did it, maybe even a sample out
of your snort.conf file?

Also, I checked the SNMP log file in WhatsUp Gold, and saw this:

20040413 151016 SNMP Trap Server Plugin: Bind error 10048 (162)

This appears to show that WhatsUp couldn't bind to port 162, but I don't
know why.  Netstat didn't show anything bound to that port already.  Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Martin
Network Technician
Hilton Grand Vacations Co.
(407) 393-3034