Snort mailing list archives

RE: IDS provisioning site analysis tool?

From: "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:14:31 -0400

I think that's quite a bit what Sourcefire's RNA does.  Basically, it
learns what you have and then when alerts get detected, if it's not
applicable to your environment, then it's not a big issue.  So, if you
have all Apache web servers and you get hit with some Unicode directly
traversal attempts trying to run cmd.exe, it really doesn't matter.