Snort mailing list archives

Re: BPF-Filter

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:44:34 +0200

Maetzky, Steffen (Extern) wrote:

Hi,

I have read that it is possible to ignore traffic by using bpf-filter.
I have tried to call the manual (man bpf) under RedHat 9 but there is no
entry.

Means that, that I have no bpf-support?
Which software/ lib is neccesary to get bpf-support?
Where do I get it and how to install (special configure-options?)

Thanks in advance,

Steffen

We had this several times now, Google's your friend. Anyway, the manual page of tcpdump will show you on Linux, how to deal with BPF. The BPF manual page is afaik available only on *BSD. You may want also want to take a look here:

http://home.insight.rr.com/procana/
http://www.tcpdump.org/tcpdump_man.html

Regards,
Edin