Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on Crossbeam C30

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:29:09 -0500

1)       The amount of instances that Crossbeam can handle is directly
proportional to the amount of traffic Snort is monitoring.  The number
of instances has nothing to do with Crossbeam (any box can run however
many instances you want).  You don't really have to work with Crossbeam,
there is nothing to configure on Crossbeam.  Snort's performance is
heavily impacted by CPU speed and available RAM, the Crossbeam offsets
potential performance issues with their proprietary "Network Module"
technology.

2)  No other issues.  There really aren't issues with Crossbeam, just
with Snort itself and how many instances you want to monitor.