Snort mailing list archives

RE: Disable alerts from certain machines - Not working for me?

From: Snortty <cwcwcwg () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

Andreas and All,

Andreas documents below helps me a lot along the way.
But here I have a specific issue after I upgraded
snort to 2.1.2. It started to show more and more
http_inspect alerts everyday. So, I chose to use
suppress to try deal with it. I did in the
threshold.conf (where my snort.conf resides) as:

# suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 1852
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 12
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 13
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 15
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 16

as in the alert files, it shows hundreds alerts as
below:
[**] [119:12:1] (http_inspect) APACHE WHITESPACE (TAB)
[**]
[**] [119:13:1] (http_inspect) NON-RFC HTTP DELIMITER
[**]
[**] [119:15:1] (http_inspect) OVERSIZE REQUEST-URI
DIRECTORY [**]
[**] [119:16:1] (http_inspect) OVERSIZE CHUNK ENCODING
[**]

I restarted snort, and let it run for a day, it still
shows a lot of same alerts. Anything I didn't do right
here please?

Please anyone who has some clues here.

Thanks again!
Snty.