Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard newbie questions.

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:07:12 -0400

1) If I have snort save both alerts and packets, do I have to run two separate barnyards to get both log files loaded into the acid database? All the examples I've seen only show barnyard being fed one input file, while having one or more output plugins. Would I just specify two -f options to barnyard and use the two appropriate output plugins?

2) The database will be remote. I want to connect to it over a secure connection. I can't find anything that tells me how to do that. Pointers to the right FM to read are welcome. :)

Thanks!

        -ste