Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared...

From: <Lorenz.Graf () swisscom com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:31:48 +0200

Hello,

I had the same problem on a Solaris 8 box. After installing pcre, it works.

Lorenz Graf

Message: 3
From: "Corey Rock" <snort_sigs () hotmail com>
To: dwad24 () excite com, snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared...
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:10:16 +0000

Is this installed?

pcre - Perl-compatible regular expression library

From: "David" <dwad24 () excite com>
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Date: Fri,  4 Jun 2004 14:10:51 -0400 (EDT)

 Hey Gustavo,This may be a wild shot in the dark, but what is your
environment variable $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to? You can check by doing this:
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH If this comes up blank, or if the path to your
libpcre.so.0 isn't there, you may need to add the path to your libpcre.so.0
library to that variable. For example:  If your libpcre.so.0 resides in
/usr/local/lib, you will need to add /usr/local/lib to that variable by
doing thisin
sh/bash/ksh:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATHexport
LD_LIBRARY_PATHand in csh/tcsh (my syntax may be wrong); set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH If none of this is the
case, make sure that permissions are ok, and make sure that if libpcre.so.0
is a symlink, that the file it is linked to exists as well.   HTH, Dave---
On Fri 06/04, Gustavo Gomes &lt; gustavo () auge com br &gt; wrote:From:
Gustavo Gomes [mailto: gustavo () auge com br]To:
snort-users@lists.sourceforge.netDate: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:28:10
-0300Subject: [Snort-users] Help please: libpcre.so.0: cannot open
shared...

Hello people, I´ve just finished to install snort in a PC and I got an
error when I tryed to start snort: "/etc/init.d/snort start

    Starting Intrusion Database System: SNORT/usr/local/bin/snort: error
while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory " Can anyone help me to fix this error?
I´ve scanned the google and archive list of users and development in
snort.org but I´ve not found nothing!

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

a trip to NY

Message: 4