Snort mailing list archives

RE: Multiple Snort sensor with MYSQL and ACID

From: "Gould, Scott" <sgould () gogstats org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:27:48 -0400

I also found I had to manually go into the db and add the extra sensors
with a different SID to the sensor table when I ran a similar setup.  If
you end up using barnyard, just reference the sensor by it's SID in the
sensor table

I don't run this setup anymore, due to getting up to 7 sensors and the
DB couldn't handle it.   Wasn't getting packet loss, as was using
barnyard, juts DB got slow at around half a million entries.