Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert classification and priority

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:43:15 -0700 (PDT)

Gary is saying that setting priorities and such on
individual rules is a waste of time since the rules
get updated and hence, overwritten. It makes perfect
sense to make the priority work just like
threshold.conf: You set it up in a conf file and the
setting stays there, doesn't get overwritten by
updating your rules. The only thing that could throw
that off would be if they changed the SID. Heh!

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 7