Snort mailing list archives

header/alert mixup bug(s) in snort 2.1.0?

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:45:37 -0600

Everyone,
        Can somebody please post a summary of the known header and alert mixup bug(s)? Does this affect snort 2.1.0?
I've been going back through the archives, and can't find a coherent explanation. This would explain the weird mail
traffic I've been trying to analyze (some of which I've posted here). If the source/destination were occasionally
getting reversed, and it were sometimes getting mixed up with web traffic....
                Thanks lots in advance
                        John
this email is prohibited.