Snort mailing list archives

RE: Updating Rules?

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:59:37 -0600

--On Thursday, February 12, 2004 01:04:11 PM -0800 "Vines Scott D 2d Lt AFFTC/IT" <Scott.Vines () edwards af mil> wrote:

While we're on the subject of updating rules:  I have customized my own
rule files by disabling certain alerts within the files (but not turning
off the entire rule set)...is there a graceful way to update rules
without having to turn these off again?

Yes.  Oinkmaster.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer