Snort mailing list archives

Re: IPless interface on Debian...

From: "M. Morgan" <mikemorgan () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:21:25 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Tobias,
I cant speak for Debian specifically but you should be able to use any regular method of NIC managment, (GUI or Text
based) to assign an IP# of 0.0.0.0/ netmask 255.255.255.255 to eth0 and whatever you like to eth1.

 You should set IP Tables (or whatever FW you use) to drop all incoming connection attempts on eth0 as well.

Use tcpdump to verify that eth0 is indeed sniffing traffic on the hostile lan.

michael