Snort mailing list archives

Re: PLEASE HELP HERE.

From: "M. Morgan" <mikemorgan () mindspring com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:41:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Vasanth,

1.REGARDING SENSORS:
"Can we use snort to monitor using
span r mirror port in the switch"
Dual NIC's, one passive on the hostile network and one on a trusted LAN for admin purposes, and yes, use a span/mirror
port.

2.EVENT MONITORING
configure the admin NIC on the trusted lan and use SSHd with RSA authentication.

3.LOGS – Where should i store all the logs.
A central MySQL server.

4.REPORTING
Use snort center and ACID

My reccomendation is look at www.sentinix.org and try it on a test machine, if you like what you see, proceed with your