Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question on snort redirecting

From: "Jack Whitsitt (jofny)" <seclists () violating us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:38:44 -0500 (EST)

http://www.violating.us/projects/baitnswitch

This will redirect traffic to another box...but it's set up particularly to be used with
honeypots (per your honeyd question - I think this works fine with honeyd. Im in the process
of testing it now).

Current version is patched against Snort 2.0.2, but I have a version that uses Barnyard that I
can send you if you use a different snort version and are unwilling/unable to revise the patch
against your preferred version.

We're looking at, speculatively, an early April release date for something that's a bit easier
to use...

-Jack

Hi All,

   Can snort redirect packet or traffic to other
 computer?

My case is:
Attacker->linux box(with snort)----Internal(computer A
and B)

   Suppose an attacker is to attack my linux box. Can
 I forward the attacker's traffic to computer A in my
 Intarnet? At the same time, normal traffic to
 computer B?

   As you know, I don't know the attacker's IP before
it
 attack. How can I redirect it? Do I need to read
 from the snort database? Can snort know how to
redirect? or Do I need to write some scripts?

   Many Thanks!

 Best,
 Fred