Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: [Snort-sigs] New Worm / Virus - WORM_MIMAIL.R?

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:28:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello Dr. Martin,
I don't believe that rule would work at all unless the
message misspells "respresented" Hehe..

BTW, SCO is already report a DoS of their site due to
this worm and are offering a $250,000 reward for the
worm writers and it is not Feb. 1 yet!

I just finished an email that addressed the new worm
rules which basically stated that I used the existing
"VIRUS OUTBOUND .pif/.scr file attachment" rules to
find out who had it here, and it worked flawlessly.
Good luck.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 5