Snort mailing list archives

snort 2.1 & stream4

From: "snort user" <snortuser () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:50:00 +0000

I have some rules I developed to alert on certain emails. The rule looks at something at the begining and the end of the email using 'content'. I have stream4_reassemble enabled with the defaults (since prot 25 is in default this is ok) . My rule never triggers even when the email is sent. If I seperate into 2 rules each with a single content they both will fire on the offending email.

So basically I am confused on stream4_reassemble shouldnt this reassemble a single email? and alert if both contents are in that email?