Snort mailing list archives

RE: MYSQL Error on Windows XP snort install

From: "Scott Weller" <sweller () pswlaw com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:59:28 -0600

Is your IP address Static or Dynamic.  I had a similar problem, I granted permissions based on the IP of the machine,
but forgot to turn off DHCP on the machine.. and it was given a new IP address and mysql, wouldn't allow it to alert to
db.  Also, I have noticed. is pay very very close attention to the slashes in the syntax's...  a lot of them us the
Linux, / instead of the Win \  if I get errors, now it's due to the wrong syntax slash...

Scott A Weller, MCP
I.T Support/Network Security Technician<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Polsinelli Shalton and Welte
700 W. 47th St., Ste. 1000
Kansas City, MO 64112
Phone: (816)360-4172 | Fax: (816) 753-1536
 <http://www.pswlaw.com/> www.pswlaw.com

This electronic mail message contains CONFIDENTIAL information which is (a) ATTORNEY - CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION,
WORK PRODUCT,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only for the use of the
Addressee(s) named herein.
If you are not an Addressee, or the person responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are hereby notified
that reading,
copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
reply to the
sender and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system.