Snort mailing list archives

Re: cannot resolve host error

From: "Topper" <snood () wildapache net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:51:27 -0700

Thanks for replies.

This is compiled from the source, not an RPM.
The Dollar sign is properly in place in the rules file.
$HOME_NET
I did replace the default with my own network numbers.
I have tried both single net and a list of nets, neither seem to work

I don't know what the error msg is referring to. What doesn't resolve, the
variable name, or the contents? I assume it is not getting substituted when
the
include occurs for some reason.
-Del