Snort mailing list archives

ACID: Can not send emails...

From: "Sarmiento, Miguel" <Msarmiento () fipsco com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:14:04 -0600

Hello,

I m using ACID v0.9.6b23. When I try to e-mail alerts I get the following
error:

Added 2 alert(s) to the Alert cache

EXPORT ERROR: Could not send exported alerts to . Check the mail
configuration in PHP.

Successful - 2 alert(s)

This error is related to the configuration for php.ini which in this case is
correct.

sendmail_path = '/usr/lib/sendmail -t -i'

If I look at the http log I get:

sh: /usr/lib/sendmail -t -i: No such file or directory

I can send email from the box so right now I am a bit puzzle, sendmail does
exist and the path is correct, although is a SymLink to
/etc/alternatives/mta which in turn points to /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail
which is the actual executable, silly RH 8.0.

Any ideas?

Miguel Sarmiento, Ph. D.
Manager Technical Support and Operations
Fipsco, Another Fiserv Resource
Phone 847-956-5700 x8977