Snort mailing list archives

Compiling snort and mysql

From: <bclark () bwkip com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:46:42 -0500 (EST)

I am still having problems getting snort to compile with mysql support.
The make fails when it tries to link mysqlclient.a

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre -L/usr/src/mysql/lib -o snort
codes.o debug.o decode.o log.o mstring.o parser.o plugbase.o snort.o
snprintf.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o tag.o ubi_BinTree.o ubi_SplayTree.o
util.o detect.o signature.o
mempool.o sf_sdlist.o fpcreate.o fpdetect.o pcrm.o byte_extract.o
sfthreshold.o
packet_time.o event_wrapper.o output-plugins/libspo.a
detection-plugins/libspd.a preprocessors/libspp.a
preprocessors/flow/portscan/libportscan.a
preprocessors/flow/int-snort/libintsnort.a preprocessors/flow/libflow.a
parser/libparser.a preprocessors/HttpInspect/libhttp_inspect.a
sfutil/libsfutil.a -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lnsl  -lmysqlclient

The mysql version is 4.0.17

I was told to try to get it to work by adding '-lz' to the link flags but
for some reason that doesn't work becuase /usr/bin/ld doesn't reconginze
it as a valid option.  I check for zlib and I do have it. This was a
binary file that I got from mysql.com

Any help is appreciated.

Brian