Snort mailing list archives

Re: ERROR: unknown preprocessor "http_decode"

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:11:05 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Warner Joseph wrote:

It's been a while since I've had to ask for help here but
I just upgraded from snort-2.0.5 to v2.1.0 and I'm getting
this error when I attempt to start snort:

ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "http_decode"
Fatal Error, Quitting..

If I comment out the whole http_decode preprocessor line in
my snort.conf then it starts and runs fine.

I'm running snort on FreeBSD so when I upgrade I usually use
portupgrade to do the upgrade via ports and then edit the
new copy of snort.conf in /usr/local/share/snort and copy it
over my old .conf file in /usr/local/etc  I've done it this way
including manually editing my .rules files for quite some time
and haven't ever experienced any problems..until now.

Can anyone help?

http_decode has been removed.  Please update your snort.conf to the
version from the <snortdir>/etc/ directory.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams