Snort mailing list archives

RE: Hey who use SWATCH!?? when there is an scan, I get too many mails on root () domain com

From: "Peters, Michael D." <Michael.Peters () acbl net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:44:25 -0500

I wrote this script as an alternative to swatch. It fires off anytime you
set it to using cron, but will only report through email anything new each
hour so you do not get blasted with redundant information.

You can find the information here:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/scripts/submittedScripts/auth-crit.sh.txt

I use it for logon violations to the system and any other alerts that you
would want an email alert for but you can key into any system message from
any log file you like.

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters
michael.peters () lazarusalliance com