Snort mailing list archives

Pcap_loop error

From: "Silva, Pedro" <PMSilva () brown-brothers com au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:19:17 +1100

Hi all,

I think I'm going over old ground here as I've seen the error mentioned
before but I can't see anyone listing a solution.

I'm in the process of building up a new snort sensor on Win2k to replace
one we have had running for about 18 months.

The machine has IIS, MSSQL, snort 2.1.0 and winpcap 3.0 installed.

When I test by running snort -v -i1 I see traffic ok but when I hit
Ctrl-C to exit I see the error:

pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket Failed

 and then a line of runtime stats.

I am yet to go any further with configuration or adding ACID etc...

I'd like to get this fixed before I continue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pedro

This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost
by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately
delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print or copy any part of this message if you are not the
intended recipient.
Brown Brothers Milawa Vineyard Pty Ltd reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.