Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT (Linux) / MySQL (Win32)

From: "AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:50:55 +0000

--On 13 February 2004 02:01 -0500 JP Vossen <vossenjp () netaxs com> wrote:

Read any of the Snort/ACID config guides mentioned in the list archives
[1] for details.  I'd love to have an ACID RPM but don't have the time to
build one...

<http://www.ossim.net> has an ACID RPM.

I've been packaging Snort, ACID, Snortcenter, p0f, perfmon-graph and some scripts to manage the databases as RPMs and am currently integrating the ossim stuff too. Ossim's RPMs are basically there, but require 3 pages of documentation to describe the manual configuration that is required post-install. I hope to eliminate much of that and make the steps simpler. I've already achieved this without ossim.

HTH,
JP

Best Regards,
Alex.