Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unzipping Question

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:25:12 -0500

At 01:24 PM 3/21/2004, Mark Sargent wrote:
am new, and am having problems with unzipping installation file(s). When
attempting to open with WinZip, I get a message saying it can't open the
file type, and then prompts me to open it in classic style...how does one do
that..? Seems to be a load of files in classic mode. Sorry for not being
exactly on topic. Cheers.

What file, exactly, are you trying to unpack? Where did it come from?

The reason I ask is that win32 users should really be using precompiled binaries, and not the .tar.gz file.. compilation from source on win32 is slightly messy from what I understand.

Try a file from:
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/

which is a self-installing exe for win32.