Snort mailing list archives

Re: simple snort pass

From: Chris Keladis <chris () cmc optus net au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:57:08 +1100

At 02:52 PM 1/12/2004, ICO Staff wrote:

Hello all. I've read the documentation but I can't get this simple pass
rule to work. this rule is located in local.rules, which is included and
being executed.

From the snort(8) man page:

[...]
       -o     Change  the  order  in  which  the rules are applied to packets.
              Instead of being applied in the standard Alert->Pass->Log order,
              this will apply them in Pass->Alert->Log order.
[...]

Cheers,

Chris.