Snort mailing list archives

snort multi packet inspection

From: "Gaurav_Jindal" <gaurav_jindal () da-iict org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:42:12 +0530

Hi,

  I am looking forward to learn how snort looks for multi packet
inspection, and it it has embedded timer to find out and apply threshold
conditions to look for dos attacks?

thanks,
Gaurav

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone has been able to capture imesh P2P traffic
successfully using snort? I tried to come out with these two
signatures but
I think it's not good enough and my IDS still does not detect imesh.:-(

alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"iMesh P2P GET request";
flow:to_server,established; content:"GET
/profile/profile.php?";sid:1000030;rev:1;classtype:misc-attack;)
alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"iMesh Possible P2P imesh.com host";
flow:to_server,established;
content:"imesh.com";sid:1000031;rev:1;classtype:misc-attack;)

Any hints will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jasmine