Snort mailing list archives

Sensor logging at remote mysql db

From: "Luis Claudio R. da Silveira" <lsilveira () tse gov br>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:47:17 -0300

Hi all,

I've configurated a  snort sensor in a linux box and a remote mysql console
(ACID console) running on a Windows machine. I need to know if it's possible
make the sensor machine send its output directly to this remote mysql db. Is
it necessary to install mysql at sensor machine?? And considerations about
performance? Is it this choice better than setup mysql db running at the
same sensor machine? I've appreciate any help for my doubt.

thanks in advance,

luis claudio silveira