Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort postgresql rpm problem

From: JP Vossen <vossenjp () netaxs com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 02:11:35 -0500 (EST)

From: "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT () mail cox smu edu>
To: "'Jon Doe'" <idnx90 () msn com>, snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] snort postgresql rpm problem
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:53:03 -0600

All,
      I'm having a problem with installing the
snort-postgresql-2.1.1-1.i386.rpm
on my Fedora box.  The rpm errors I'm getting are about failed dependencies.

  These files are libcom_err.so.3, libcrypto.so.2, libpq.so.2, libssl.so.2.

My question is what rpms contain these files

As someone else suggested, rpmfind is good.  However, this shouldn't happen as
the RPM should have the correct dependencies, which are as follows (on my RH8
box):

/root# rpm -q --whatprovides libcom_err.so.3
krb5-libs-1.2.5-15

/root# rpm -q --whatprovides libcrypto.so.2
openssl-0.9.6b-35.8

/root# rpm -q --whatprovides libssl.so.2
openssl-0.9.6b-35.8

/root# rpm -q --whatprovides libpq.so.2
postgresql-libs-7.2.4-5.80

Did you try the Fedora specific RPMs from www.starken.com/snort?

I copied the RPM address so Dan can add these.  (Dan, let me know if you want
me to take a stab...)

or is there away to get rpm to grab the dependencies like apt get will on
Debian.

Use yum or apt-get on Fedora.  I *thought* that Fedora could use yum natively,
but I don't use Fedora, so...

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|         jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
You used to have to reboot the Windows 9.x series every couple of days
because it would crash.  Now you have to reboot Windows 200x or XP every
couple of days because of a patch.  How is that better or more stable?