Snort mailing list archives

New Snortcenter 2.x

From: Jason Alexander <lists () itsecurity3 its uiowa edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:03:29 -0600

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce that I have picked up the work that Stefan Dens has done on the origial snortcenter project and made it work with Snort 2.1.1-r1 and hopefully above. After attempting to contact Stefan for a few months this seemed the next logical step The work is still somewhat in process but you can now download rules from the snort site and import them without errors. You can push rules down and control the sensors.

I would start by saying that I am not a PHP guru. I am more of hacker so some of the changes might not be the best but things are working. Also I have limited time as I am a security officer at a large University so my goal is functionality and not major function changes.
I am also open to allowing access to anyone that want to work on this.

The major thing that needs to be finished is to add support of the
new preprocessors.  Currently if you want to use the new preprocessors
you have to edit the config file by hand.  This is first to do on my list

You can find the CVS archive and tarballs of my CVS directory at sourceforge under the SnortCenter 2.x project.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/snortcenter2/

Please report any probems you find to me through the sourceforge bugs and forums system as I don't check this e-mail that offen.

Jason Alexander