Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Inline on Redhat 9

From: tslighter <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:56:08 -0700

Michael Little wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an article or readme on how to set up snort-inline on Redhat 9? I have found some on Redhat 8 but not 9. Just curious if the steps are the same as I am having difficulties installing the iptables and recompiling the Kernel.

Thanks,

Mike Little

One other point that I would like to make that "could" apply. There may be a problem with the ip_conntrack when using Rehat and snort-inline on a SMP kernel. The connection track bucket never empties and fills up the log queue equal to the number of events that are logged to the iptables queue as specified by iptables -QUEUE. This may have been an isolated incident but could not reproduce this problem on a single processor system.