Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bad Loop Back Traffic

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:01:12 -0800 (PST)

So you have this hub, connected to both the firewall
and the router. Do you also have another connection,
connecting the router to the firewall? Now the
firewall and the router have two connections to each
other? If you have a switch in between as well, this
would cause a spanning tree problem. Or is this hub
the only connection between the two? If not, then I
would suggest a different way to monitor the
connections, such as a switch between the router/fw
and if you have that already, the switch should then
mirror the router port only.

If the hub is the only connection then is your sensor
acting as a router? And your IP of you non-sniffing
Interface is an internal IP connected internally?

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 5