Snort mailing list archives

RE: Puresecure...

From: "Shaffer, Paul D" <paul.d.shaffer () lmco com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:04:57 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net [mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net]On Behalf Of
Ridlon, Michael
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 1:16 PM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] Puresecure...

I've downloaded the Puresecure demo/personal version.
-- Sounds like maybe we are shooting for a comparison/performance test against Snort or some similar exercise
The install stopped at mysql.  I chowned on /usr/local/mysql per the instructions, but now I can not restart mysql.
-- Conventional wisdom would have you undo the recent action(s) which caused the current problem
   The error log says mysql.host does not exist.
-- Errors built upon mistakes are notoriously unreliable for troubleshooting purposes
Help?
-- Apart from that I haven't the foggiest idea what you might be trying to do.
Mike
Sorry I can't help much, but it sure was fun pointing out your ineptitude!  ;-)

Best Regards,
Paul