Snort mailing list archives

Re: [UPGRADING from 1.8.6]

From: Patrick Harper <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 01 Nov 2003 17:21:27 -0800

Nick Oliver did a good document for upgrading to snort 2.0.2.  You can
find it on our site at http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 12:08, GDHough wrote:
Greetings,

I have a working implementation of Snort-Acid-MySQL. My problem is Snort
(1.8.6) is WAY outta date. I recall this set-up took this noob much time to
get right.

My Red Hat 7.2 is about as up2date as I can get it, and I am wondering if it
is at all possible to just simply upgrade Snort and it's rules. I have no
custom rules to migrate.

Can I just configure, make, test, install and all will be well?

Thanks,
farmer6re9