Snort mailing list archives

Re: Don't report and rules retrieval

From: "Jeff Pricher" <jeffpricher () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:47:29 -0500

Erek has answered the first one before so you can check his site.
1) http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/ignore.txt

For the second question try this..
http://www.engagesecurity.com/products/idscenter/

Or this..
http://www.engagesecurity.com/products/eaglex/

Subject: [Snort-users] Don't report and rules retrieval

What is the best way in Windows to do the following?

1.  Input IPs of hosts not to report (a "whitelist" if you will)?
2.  Retrieve and manage rules. (Building rules will be almost impossible
for our staff, but we would like to be able to get the latest available
rules, especially for virus detection, and manage those rules to prevent
duplication)

Thanks,

Michael Martin
University of Montevallo