Snort mailing list archives

Re: CyberKit 2.2 Ping, its driven me Nuts..

From: Erwin Van de Velde <erwin.vandevelde () ua ac be>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:42:56 +0100

Hi,

They are just signs of Nachi & co. I think it's not good to disable the rule,
as closing your eyes does not solve troubles, but you could ignore all alerts
coming from external sources... write a nice script or something like that
that filters out all external hosts triggering that rule. It's perhaps nice
to keep the data anyway to generate statistics :-)

Greetings,
Erwin Van de Velde
Student of Antwerp University
Belgium