Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2 Wanting to run Snort on DMZ

From: <mike () thompsonmike co uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 03:14:01 +0100

You could just make sure that eth1 does not start up with an IP (doesn't
initialize the tcp/ip stack).  I do this by configuring
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 with something like this:

DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
USRCTL=no

Unfortunatly that wont work for me. The router dos'nt have a dedicated
DMZ port, instead it forwards traffic to a IP set in the options. So the
network card must have a IP for the DMZ to function.