Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID & MySQL (Sensor)

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:29:26 -0800

I thought we had this all ironed out...

Ok,

1) Make SURE MySQL is running, and make SURE you can access port 3306

Note: To test the port connection; if this is a stand alone machine where
MySQL and Snort are on the same box, and MySQL is bound to localhost
(127.0.0.1) then from a command prompt type: telnet 127.0.0.1 3306 and you
should receive a response back with the version of MySQL you are running.

2) sensor_name will be used in the Acid console to let you know which sensor
the alert originated from. This is very handy if you have several slave
sensors directed to one database.

3) The Stop Sigh; Sometimes IIS fails to initialize correctly. Try
restarting IIS from the services. Make SURE you have all the latest patches
installed.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team
--