Snort mailing list archives

Re: Database output

From: Erwin Van de Velde <erwin.vandevelde () ua ac be>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:29:07 +0100

Hi,

Erwin mentions in an earlier message that he is using Postgresql.
Postgresql can be compiled to use ssl w/o using stunnel.  You just
simply install OpenSSL before installing Postgresql, and then configure
Postgresql using the " --with-openssl[=DIR]" directive.  You then create
a certificate (look here:
http://www.postgresql.com/docs/7.3/static/ssl-tcp.html for
instructions), and add the "ssl=true" directive in your postgresql.conf
file.

Yes, I know, but doing it that way, the client does not get authenticated. I
also need to be sure that it is really the client and not the attacker who
took my client down for example.

Greetings,
Erwin