Snort mailing list archives

-l parameter

From: adam_peterson () splwg com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:22:51 -0800

Is the -l (that's an L) parameter required?  I log to a db so I don't want
to log to disk but for some reason, whether I use the -l parameter or not,
Snort is "detecting" my previously specified log directory and writing to
disk.  My disk isn't very big so I can't afford to log to disk.  I have no
output options logging locally.  Just 1 line in snort.conf for output:

output database: alert, mysql, user=zzz password=zzz dbname=zzz host=zzz
sensor_name=zzz

Adam Peterson | Senior WAN Engineer | SPL WorldGroup |
adam_peterson () splwg com | +1.415.357.4787