Snort mailing list archives

Pre-Processor Alerts based on Traffic Flow Direction

From: "Naman Latif" <naman.latif () inamed com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:10:05 -0800

Hi,
Is it possible to define any rules for Preprocessors, so that Alerts are
only generated based on Traffic flow direction ?

I have the $HOME_NET defined for our local subnet as x.x.x.0/26.

However for http_decode pre-processor, I am getting a lot of False
Positives as

http_decode: double encoding  <snip> x.x.x.39:54391        y.y.y.y:80

Where source address (x.x.x.39) is actually the traffic from my Internal
Proxy Server to some External Server.

Can I control http_decode behavior to only alert for External-->Internal
Traffic only ?

\\ Naman