Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on OpenBSD -- finding mysqlclient library

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:43:52 -0500

OpenBSD allows you to easily specify "extra" directories to search for libraries when it builds the "run time library cache" (usually at boot time).

To specify the extra directories, edit the /etc/rc.conf file and locate the line that begins with shlib_dirs.

You can specify multiple directories by separating them with a space. For example:

shlib_dirs="/usr/local/mysql /usr/local/pgsql"

Because this is interpreted as a shell script, you can also achieve the same result by using this syntax:

shlib_dirs="/usr/local/{mysql,pgsql}"

I looked through the OpenBSD FAQ and I didn't come across a section describing this. However I did find it on one of their mailing lists. (Their FAQ is a work in progress that's always improving).

Take a look at:

http://www.sigmasoft.com/~openbsd/archive/openbsd-misc/200103/ msg02106.html

- -Jeff