Snort mailing list archives

Re: postgresql backend

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:44:35 -0600

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:10, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
I'm trying to compile snort with support for a mysql backend, but am
having problems getting it to work. I've tried several different
incarnations of the ./configure based on
      "./configure --with-postgresql --with-mysql"
      "./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/include/pgsql --with-mysql"
      "./configure --with-postgresql=/var/lib/pgsql --with-mysql"

I looked through the user manual, went through google results, and
searched the mailing list archives for '--with-postgresql'. I'm pretty
sure that this is a fairly common setup and was hoping someone could
point out what I'm doing wrong. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Uhm, are you indeed trying to use both databases? Postgres AND MySQL? If
you only need MySQL support, all you need is --with-mysql. Make sure you
have the MySQL client loaded on that box and the MySQL development files
(sources for the client, at the very least libs and headers) on the box
you compile this on. The production box only needs to have the
libraries, but you need to compile on a box that does have the header
files.

Regards,
Frank