Snort mailing list archives

External Subnets

From: adam_peterson () splwg com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:10:32 -0800

Is it possible to specify a negative variable value for a variable?
Meaning:

var EXTERNAL_NET        !HOME_NET

The bang is just an idea of something that would negate the value so that
my external_net variable would be any ip/subnet that isn't part of the
home_net variable.  Is there anything in place to allow for this?  Could
there be?  Since so many of the rules are based on the external_net
variable, it's very frustrating that it must be set to ANY for my
configurations because I can't specifiy every subnet on the Internet...or
can I?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Adam Peterson | Senior WAN Engineer | SPL WorldGroup |
adam_peterson () splwg com