Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0.4 CPU Utilization\Optimization

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:26:47 +0100

Hm I forgot there are zone transfers between nameservers which are sometimes being done using TCP...

Another thing: We have Dell PowerEdge 2600 machines here - have you enabled SMP in order to use Hyperthreading? I also heve a strange issue
that one process is eating one complete "virtual CPU" - in this case not
Snort, however, but the RNG userspace driver. Sometimes before it was a
crond (!). Very strange. One further issue is with PE 2600 is that the
hardware clock not working properly so I get "time reset" every 20
Minutes. Someone said it has something to do with the IRQs but I simply
didn't have time until now to follow that.

Best Regards,
Edin

Edin Dizdarevic schrieb:

Hi,