Snort mailing list archives

alert not write.!!

From: Hideki Hirata <hawk () nsd r-ts co jp>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:02:40 +0900

Dear ALL snort users

I 'm recently use snort. it is begginer.
Please from All the snort user tell about my snort server (OS:Redhat 9)
 /etc/snort.conf configration method.

(case 1)
#snort -de -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i lo -u snort -g snort (ENTER)

# ping 127.0.0.1(ENTER)
# ping (eth0_address in my server) (enter)

/var/log/snort/alert log writing is normal

(case 2)
but,

# snort -de -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth0 -u snort -g snort (ENTER)

# ping (eth0_address in my server) (enter)
# ping (same subnet among other host ipaddress ) (enter)

/var/log/snort/alert log not write.!!
nothing write.

any answer?

Regards