Snort mailing list archives

Turbo patch/PACKET_RX_RING with 2.4.x kernels

From: Scott Zawalski <scott.zawalski () web de>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 01:12:32 -0800

I recently upgraded my kernel from a Redhat recompiled kernel to a kernel I compiled myself. I now no longer have PACKET_RX_RING support. I have read the READ ME.linux as many times as possible :) I have both CONFIG_FILTER and CONFIG_PACKET selected. I could not find a turbo patch for any 2.4 kernels so I assumed it was incorporated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also would a 2.6 kernel possibly boost performance or is that not worth it? 2.2 maybe?

I am using the E1000 driver and I read something about hacked drivers lowering packet loss I only found drivers though for 2.2 kernels. Do most of you guys run with the current 2.4 stable or do you go for the 2.2 kernel?

Thank you,
Scott