Snort mailing list archives

Followup question about Ring PCAP\Snort\Environment Variables

From: "Mark Ewert" <mewert () ihcis com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:11:28 -0500

Thank you to all who responded with the method to simply add them to the
command line which launches Snort such as:

exec env PCAP_FRAMES=max snort ${snort_options}

or

PCAP_TO_MS=0 PCAP_FRAMES=max snort

Here's another twist to my situation. We're using SnortCenter to control
the config files and stop\start Snort. Anyone have any idea how to add
these environment variables to a SnortCenter based config? I've been
checking out web-lib.pl in SnortCenter's CGI directory which is read by
index.cgi which appears to control the sensors but I suspect that these
variables would be applied to the account Apache is running under and
not the Snort account.

Anyone have any ideas? Do we need to abandon SnortCenter?

THANKS!

Mark F. Ewert, Principal Systems Architect

Integrated Healthcare Information Services

www.ihcis.com <http://www.ihcis.com/>

This e-mail and the information transmitted within it is intended only
for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of; or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please send the e-mail back to notify the
sender and delete the message and its contents from any computers and
network systems involved in its receipt. Thank you.